Congratulations to our 2012 Grant winners Megan Henke and Austin Larsen!!
Are you a Montanan curious about the rest of the world? For instance, did you know that…
- …India has a bill of rights for cows?
- …about 5,000 languages are currently spoken in the world; 800 of them are spoken in Papua New Guinea?
- …Uzbekistan and Liechtenstein are the only two double-landlocked countries?
- …passports were not widely required until the 1900s?
- …73% of the world’s beer is consumed in China?
- …the top ten tourist destinations account for half of all tourist arrivals worldwide? They are: France, Spain, Italy, the UK, Austria, Germany, China, Canada, Mexico, and the USA.
- …in Latin American countries, it’s TUESDAY the 13th that is unlucky, not Friday? In Romania, however, BOTH are unlucky.
At Going-to-the-Sun Travel Grants, we are dedicated to supporting young Montanans as they explore the world. If you are between the ages of 18 and 25 and any of the above intrigued you, a Going-to-the-Sun Travel Grant may be for you. An annual grant of up to $5,000 goes to an individual who presents the most compelling project or trip outline. Although a self-designed tour is the ultimate way to explore, the grant can also be used for organized endeavors such as language courses, volunteer trips, or research excursions.